Monday, March 8, 2010

Come Back

I finished reading Come Back: A Mother & Daughter's Journal Through Hell and Back.  I experienced so many emotions reading this book, its hard to know where to start.

I have a long list of topics that I'll likely be working through.  These experiences are such a huge part of who I am today.  Most of my current friends cannot even imagine why I would need to go through such an experience.  Maybe I should write a little more about who I was at 15.  It wasn't pretty, I can sure tell you that.  But, it was 13 years ago.

At any rate, I will be writing more about these experiences.  These feelings that I have coming up after reading this book. I've been disconnected from this part of me for a long time.  While I would not say that I'm unhappy in my life... I would say that my life is hard right now.  I used to believe that I was in charge of my life.  I'm not sure that I still do believe that.  Its part of why reading this book shook me up.  These two women have accountability for their lives, how they are working, how they are turning out for them.  I'm jealous.  Stupidly.  Because all I have to do to get that accountability, is to take it for myself.  There are several topics that I need to come to terms with. Stay tuned friends.... you'll likely learn more about Vanessa than you thought possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment