Monday, August 31, 2009

September Goals

I wrote this as part of my August week 4 recap:


Looking forward into September, I'm struck by a few emotions that have reigned the past few days weeks. I've been overwhelmed. I've felt out of control; in general, with my life, my marriage, my kids, my days seem to drag together and run into one big pile of nothing. I've been feeling lonely. I haven't been fostering any relationships. I've let old ones die, I've let new ones die. And then I turn around and complain. Its really no bueno.
I'm still feeling this way at least a little bit, some of it has passed. But for the most part, I feel like a short order overhaul is necessary. When I think about my life, in general, I'm pretty stressed out. I have more stressed days than I do easy-going days. I have more days where I feel like my kids are out of control, more days that I feel like I'm out of control with my eating, more days that my to-do list is out of control and untouched.

I guess that's enough ranting. I'll get to the solutions that I have.


Problem:
Kids not listening

Solution:
Work on more logical consequences. Follow through. Follow through. Follow through.
____________________________


Problem:

Relationship with Ian

Solution:
Work on voicing feelings, communicate daily, resist arguments and fight
Stand up for myself, politely
____________________________


Problem:

Eating out of control

Solution:
Follow intuitive eating (simply eat when hungry, stop when comfortable)
Eat clean food, drink lots of water
Curb emotional eating by blogging thoughts, feelings, doubts, etc about whatever comes up
_____________________________


Problem:

Not enough hard sweaty exercise

Solution:
Exercise 5 days a week for at least 30 minutes, make an effort to work up a sweat
______________________________

Problem:
Not enough sleep

Solution:
Go to bed by 11 p.m., pretty much every night.
______________________________


Problem:
Housework out of control

Solution:
Print chores to-do list. Complete 90% of the daily & weekly chores every day.
______________________________

Problem:
Not enough income

Solution:
Daycare, create daycare enrollment
~Food Program
~~~~~Sign up online
~~~~~Make menus
~~~~~Forms for income verification

~Subsidy Program
~~~~~Mail in sign up forms & contract

~New Enrollments
~~~~~Business Cards
~~~~~Flyers
~~~~~4 x 6 postcards
~~~~~Website

No comments:

Post a Comment