Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Wednesday = Weigh In Day


Official Week One Results - 2 pounds lost.


I'm OK with it.  Not thrilled, I feel like I could have done a lot better.  Usually week one yields such a high loss.

But I did make better choices eating, drinking water and did yoga 4 out of 5 mornings.  Those are all good behaviors that I'd like to turn into habits.

I had a few times this week that I overate - knowing that I was overeating.  Overindulgence is what got me to the weight that I'm at now - so its not a behavior that I'd like to continue.  I'm going to work a lot more consciously at stopping when I'm full/satisfied and only eating when I'm hungry. 

 
 I'm going to continue to drink lots of water. We just bought an under the sink water osmosis filter, I've wanted one since I worked at Mary's house in Hurricane.  They had one and I loved the water.   So... lots of water next week.



And I'm going to continue to wake up early for yoga daily.  I'm feeling a lot more energy in general, which is a really fantastic plus.   I've been doing podcasts from a new yoga teacher - Dave Farmar.  He brings so much lightness and fun into what can turn into such a serious practice.  Makes the time fly by - -- except for when he leaves us in utkatasana (chair pose) for 3 or 4 minutes. 
 

1 comment:

  1. 2 pounds is awesome! The hardest thing about a big 1st week number is that the 2nd week can never live up to it and no matter how much you expect it, its hard not to be bummed! Think of the emotional turmoil you saved yourself :-)

    ReplyDelete