Thursday, October 14, 2010

Power and Control

I don't think of myself as an angry or controlling person. Most of the time, people tell me that I seem calm. Which is interesting because what I have found lately is that have been acting in anger more often than I'd like to admit.

The problem lies in that I'm trying to control someone else while simultaneously losing control over myself. A completely hypocritical behavior.

Then there is the feeling of being overwhelmed.  Yep, its coming up again as detrimental. When I'm overwhelmed by my responsibilities, I lose my temper.  And unfortunately, I feel overwhelmed a lot.

I need to step back when I start to get overwhelmed and prioritize. If I can prevent myself from getting so overwhelmed, then I can prevent some of my anger and control issues.

Its a matter of feeling and handling emotions as a responsible, healthy adult. When I lose my cool, my boundaries, my calm and act out of old patterns and anger it doesn't benefit anyone. It doesn't even make me feel any better.

My new mantra:  We already have all the resources we need.

No comments:

Post a Comment