So we just received one. Here are the results from the 10/15 email:
Progress to Date
We are going to continue with our pace. Phonics have generally clicked for Ethan, and so moving through those lessons is easy for him. If we finish any subject before December, then we'll move on to next year's (1st grade) level work. This is our goal for Math, History and Social Studies.
So.. what's working?
- Leapfrog Letter Factory
- Rewarding finishing a unit with watching Transformer cartoons on Netflix
- Doing School with the daycare kids
- Increasing our reading time to 30 minutes most days - everyone seems to be loving this.
- The Language Arts is really quite boring, so I'm basically creating my own projects to supplement the reading.
- Ethan yawns through the entire lesson. Its crazy frustrating. I just read an article that its because his brain gets too hot. So I think I'll be working on teaching him some breathing techniques to help with it.