Sunday, September 19, 2010

Mama's Got a New Dress

Besides a few Spin Around dresses for Emma, this is about the only thing I've sewn since January.  I'm hoping to add more to this over the next few months, because I have plenty of projects.  Some fun and some not.  But I did sew the dress for a friend's wedding.

I didn't have time or money to shop for something that I felt comfortable in - so I bought 2 yards of $4/yard fabric and a pattern.  A couple hours (about 2) later, I had this dress.

What you can't see in the picture?  That its gathered at the shoulder, waist and bust.  You can't see the rolled hems.

You can't tell that as soon as I returned home from the wedding, I cut about 18 inches off the dress and made it into a rocking Mom's Night Out shirt.

No comments:

Post a Comment