Thursday, April 30, 2009

Thanksgiving Thursday



I haven't been that great at participating in Thanksgiving Thursdays, although its generally my favorite of the week. Thursdays just tend to slip right on by without me noticing, having me kick myself in the bum on Friday.

Anyway, on to my list. :)

1. My Husband. We have grown together so much in the past 6-7 months particularly, since he was laid off from Clark County in September. We've been through up and downs in the last (almost) 8 years of our marriage, but despite the outside difficult circumstances of the last year; we have really had a good marriage year. Photobucket

2. I had a wonderful birthday. I know this will sound vain, but I love my birthday. It is a day that holds so much happiness for me. I hope I never dread it, or getting older. You know, age gracefully and all that jazz.

3. My Kids, who bring me such joy. Here is a couple of pics from the morning of my birthday. Ethan really understood what it meant that it was my birthday and it was so fun to watch him celebrate.

4. While I love them together, we had very special things take place this week separately. I'm thankful for Ethan. He is a wonderful, caring, fun loving little boy. We went on a mommy-son date yesterday and went to see the movie Earth. At times, it was too much for my little guy to process, but he was enchanted by watching the animals and learning. On another note, he's also learned to pee outside, so we have wet rocks quite often around here.

Sometimes, I still think of Ethan like this:

That's Ian's cheek/jaw giving a sleepy Ethan a kiss. Ethan was probably less than a week old here.

5. And my baby girl Emma. Who is not such a baby anymore. We are actually done nursing. Its been 5 or so days, and she is doing very well. Its a bittersweet time for me. Happy that she's growing and so beautiful and sad that she's growing up. I know, I said growing twice - that makes me happy and sad.

And I still think of Emma like this:


(I know, the year is off... she was born in 2007) But the rest of the day is correct, Emma is 5 days old here.

6. My husband's openness in talking about having a third kiddo. I know it freaks him out, and I consider myself lucky that we are willing and able to discuss it without getting angry. And I think we are close to reaching an agreement in my favor. (But don't tell Ian that, I don't want him to hold out to prove he's right. But look what a great daddy he is. He really is amazing)

3 comments:

  1. What a wonderful list. I still see my daughter when she was only days old....she's 3 now! Isn't it funny how we see the "baby" in them no matter how old they are?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww love the pictures.
    Great list
    thanks for stopping by my blog
    have a super night.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you ahd a great birthday! This is a wonderful list!!!

    And, hey, if you find yourself regretting on Friday that you missed TT, go ahead and post your list on Friday. No biggie!

    Happy Thanksgiving Thursday!

    ReplyDelete