Wednesday, April 29, 2009

My Birthday Present

Well, Monday I had this:
That's broccoli, zucchini/squash, cilantro, and tomatillos in the bags. I have tomato, green bell pepper, jalapeno pepper, basil, oregano in the pots.

Then - for my birthday, Ian built me this:

The kids thought it was great fun to play in.

Monday afternoon, Ian filled it with dirt and compost... and then we planted.

Broccoli
Zucchini & Yellow Squash

And then tomato plants

And onion and peppers

And a couple of watermelon plants, tomatillos and my herb garden which now includes: cilantro, oregano, basil and mint. And tonight, Ian brought me rosemary, so I'll plant that tomorrow in my spare pot.


And then, Ian set it all up on a drip system. Seriously, I love that man.



At the end of the day, Emma and I posed admiring our work.

2 comments:

  1. Looks really nice! My mother in law has a couple of raised beds. I have a pretty decent garden in my back yard. I hope you had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice I am even more jealous of your yard now :)

    ReplyDelete