Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tuesday Tutorial - Cookie Crayons

Cookie Crayons

Again, another tutorial for something that's not my original idea. But I thought I'd spread the knowledge anyway.

Forgive my pictures. I've lost my camera, so these beauties were taken with my cell phone.

Step One, Gather your "Helpers"

Step Two, Soak Crayons in COLD water

Step Three, Start Peeling the Paper

Step Four, Transfer DRY crayons to muffin tin... I used a silicone one and it worked very well. You can see, mine are not dry and my cookie crayons have pockets of water in them.

Step Five, Put Crayons in the Oven between Warm and 200 Degrees F

Step Six, Let Crayons Melt.. takes about ten minutes. If you want a swirly cookie crayon, don't let them melt too much. (Like I did)

Step Seven (Not Required) Put them in the Fridge to set them very quickly... because your "Helpers" are asking to color every.five.minutes.
Hang your head in shame because of the grossness of the fridge photo. Move on.

Step Eight, Pop Crayons out of the muffin tin, present to the "Helpers" and watch them color with crayons that you just "made." You are a superhero.

Step Nine, Realize that you might possibly have too much time on your hands.

p.s. Yeah, I know its a little late... almost 10:30 p.m. on Tuesday.. But hey, its still Tuesday and I still posted a tutorial.

1 comment: