Fifty Things You Might Not Know About Me
I know - the joy.
1. I was adopted at age 18 by my step-dad. He and my mom married when I was 5.
2. So, I've had three different last names. I was born with Scharer, then went to Rodgers when I was adopted. I got married less than a year after the adoption went through, so my last name changed again.
3. I was premature at birth.
4. My birth weight was 3 pounds, 15 ounces.
5. I was in the NICU for two weeks.
6. I weighed 17 pounds at a year.
7. Ethan weighed 17 pounds at 4 months.
8. Emma weighed 17 pounds at 5 months.
9. I was born in Denver.
10. I moved to Dallas, TX when I was 4.
11. I moved to Nashville, TN when I was 6.
12. I moved to Colorado Springs when I was 12.
13. I started smoking cigarettes when I was 13 years old. Stupid, stupid, stupid.
14. Life was hard after that.
15. I stole my dad's car at 13, my mom's car at 14. I used to go joyriding with my mom's car frequently (in the middle of the night), when I was 15.
16. My parents sent me to Cross Creek Manor when I was 15. I was there for 16 months.
17. I went back to high school at 16 and graduated like everyone else. Except, I really didn't have many friends because I was unsure how to really interact with people.
18. I moved to St. George, and moved in with Ian 1 day after finishing classes for my senior year. I didn't even stay in town to walk for my graduation, I had to travel to Colorado Springs to do that.
19. I worked for Cross Creek Manor for 6 months in 2000. I hated it. It was too much information being on the "other side".
20. I worked for Resource Realizations which split into two companies, Resource Realizations and Premier Educational Systems. I worked there for 5 years.
21. Until I left, pregnant, to be an Admissions Coordinator for the schools. I persuaded parents to enroll their teens into schools like Cross Creek Manor. I worked for this company - Teen Soulutions.
22. I worked as a daycare teacher for Discovery Clubhouse for a year.
23. My experience there hardened my intention to *never* put my children in a daycare center. If the circumstances were necessary, I'm still all for home daycare, just not daycare centers.
24. My middle name is Elizabeth.
25. I'm halfway there and running out of ideas.
26. I have an addiction to fabric.
27. I'm a recurrent Weight Watcher's member. I lost 50 pounds in 2002.
28. Before, during and after my pregnancies, my net gain of that 50 pound loss was 30 pounds.
29. Most of it was before.
30. My husbands swears it was during.
31. My hair used to be blond and I still think of myself as blond. I'm startled when I see pictures of myself because my hair has gotten so dark.
32. When I work up the courage, I'll probably color it blond again soon.
33. I lie to my husband about how much money I've spent.
34. Its one of my New Years Resolutions to stop doing this. Which I think its very lame.
35. My daughter looks exactly like I did when I was little. And when people compliment her, I feel complimented too.
36. I learned to sew less than 2 years ago. Actually, its more like 18 months.
37. I know how to crochet too. I learned to crochet when I was at Cross Creek Manor. See #16, if you haven't been reading the whole post.
38. I read a lot. I finish at least one book a week.
39. I met my husband online.
40. During my time at Cross Creek and the time that I worked for Resource Realizations, I've been in approximately 40 emotional growth seminars. Most as members of the service team.
41. I just found a site with lots of blog smileys. So now this post is absolutely littered with them.
42. I used to take singing/voice lessons. I think it was at least a year that I did that.
43. My wedding day was one of the happiest days of my life.
44. My mom, maternal grandmother, and two paternal aunts have all been diagnosed with breast cancer. My mom has been in remission for almost 10 years. My grandmother died and my aunts lost one or both of their breasts.
45. I've had cats my entire life. But now I'm allergic to them. I refuse to get rid of the ones we have now however.
46. Coming up with 50 things is harder than I thought.
47. My favorite song... um, right now, is "Love on the Rocks", by Sara Bareilles.
48. I'm leaving to visit my parents Thursday. I have several blog posts set up to be posted while I'm gone. Because, I'm just that much of a geek.
49. There will be a pop quiz on facts from this post the next time I see you.
50. If you actually read all 50... you are a saint. And leave a comment, so I know how much you love me.